Susan Ingmire | Senior Advisor
Susan brings decades of experience in the for-profit and non-profit sectors to her consulting role as Senior Advisor for Philanthropic Services. She has facilitated literally tens of millions of dollars in grants to local, state, national and international organizations on behalf of Ignite’s generous clients and in former positions.
In addition, Susan is known for her strengths as a strategist, relationship builder and connector. She is a sought-after advisor to many families and community organizations in Greater Cincinnati and beyond. She retired from full-time work at Ignite Philanthropy in June 2018, having served as President of Philanthropic Services from 2016-2018, and former owner and President of Ignite Philanthropy Advisors from 2009-2016. In 2016, Susan successfully completed the sale of her company to Scott Provancher of Lewis & Clark Co., resulting in Ignite Philanthropy. She remained with Ignite full-time for nearly two years and continues to contribute to its growth story by supporting clients and expanding the company’s new business opportunities.
Susan’s past experience includes innovating and building new programs and initiatives as:
- Vice President of Strategic Giving for InterAct for Change, a subsidiary of Interact for Health;
- Director of Planned Giving for ArtsWave, Cincinnati’s leading funder and catalyst for the arts;
- Vice President of Foundation & Endowment Services for Fifth Third Bank, which saw tremendous growth in non-profit assets under management during her tenure;
- Program Officer, Irwin-Sweeney-Miller Foundation, Columbus, Indiana;
- Head of Speech-Language-Pathology Department, Columbus (IN) Regional Hospital.
Educated at Indiana University, Bloomington (BA and MS degrees) and at Guy’s Hospital Medical School at the University of London, Susan thrives as a board member for Cincinnati Playhouse in the Park, Flywheel Social Enterprise Hub, and as a leader and volunteer for Mt. Auburn Presbyterian Church. She is a social activist who enjoys travel, reading, gardening, entertaining friends, and walking her dog, Frida. Susan lives in the Cincinnati neighborhood of Oakley.