Welcome to the application for Matching Gifts
- The Matching Gift program is available for active employees of The E.W. Scripps Company only.
- Your matching gift may be allocated to any qualifying 501(c)(3) organization that you support financially.
- Gifts to religious organizations are restricted to secular community services only.
- You may apply for at least $25 to a particular institution or charity, up to a total of $1250 semi-annually.
- Deadlines are May 31 and Nov. 30 annually. (May and November submissions could take up to eight weeks to process)
- The Fund uses Ignite Philanthropy for technical support and application maintenance.
- All Matching Gift decisions are made by the Fund.
Prior to completing your application, review these steps to ensure you have everything you need:
- Review the FAQs.
- Gather information. You will need to provide the organization name, contact name, address and phone number.
- Obtain required documents: A Matching Gift Certification Form or a receipt from the organization is required. Your application will not be processed without this form or a receipt.
- Option A Provide a receipt: The receipt must state the tax-deductible amount of your gift AND state clearly that no goods or services were received in exchange for your gift.OR
- Option B Download the Matching Gift Certification Form: Complete your portion of the form and send to the organization to complete.
- Once you have everything you need, please proceed to the steps below. It will only take a few minutes.